If you were Yishaq Avinu, how would you react knowing that your eldest son sold his inheritance for a bowl of soup?
Do you think it was appropriate for Abraham’s servant to ask God for an open miracle in order to find a wife for Yishaq?
Collective punishment is often deemed ethically questionable. The Almighty cannot do wrong, therefore we must ask, how can we understand the destruction of Sodom and Gemorrah?
- Which particular sin sealed the fate of the flood generation?
- Why did Hashem tell Noach to build an ark, as opposed to saving him via some other method?
- The ark had three levels. What function did each level serve?
- What indication do we have that Noach was familiar with the Torah?
- Why did Hashem postpone bringing the flood for seven days?
- Why did the first water of the flood come down as light rain?
- What did people say that threatened Noach, and what did Hashem do to protect him?
- What grouping of creatures escaped the punishment of the flood?
- How deeply was the ark submerged in the water?
- What did the olive branch symbolize?